Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 1

Hey Everyone,

It's Cayla again.  This time it's weight loss. That's right I am so tired of looking and feeling like this so it's time to change.

I happened to be listening to a Joel Osteen sermon on youtube the other day and he was talking about how we have to learn to control ourselves. It made so much sense to me. I have been trying for two years to lose some of this weight and I will do really well for a while and then I seem to backslide. I have been praying about it, asking God to help me lose weight and as I was listening to that sermon, it kind of hit me that I had been praying for the wrong thing. I don't just need to lose weight, I need to learn to control myself.

I am of a fleshly body and I will tell you straight up, my flesh loves chocolate. But the gifts of God are so great that he has said, we already have everything we need. I already have the ability to control myself, I just have to use it. It's like any other muscle, I have to develope it for it to work.

So after some prayer and meditating on what I should do. I feel I have gotten an answer. My husband bought me Turbo Fire last year when I first started really trying to lose weight. It's a ninety day program that is a full weight loss and body sculpting program.  Like God said, I already have what I need. Now we embark upon the journey. Can I control myself for 90 days?  We'll see.

If you do happen to read this all prayers and good wishes are welcome, if you happen to be struggling with the same issues, I would urge you to seek help in whatever form you are most comfortable with and if you leave me a little comment I will add you to my prayer list.

Remember: With God all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment