Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 3

It's a great day to start over!

Doesn't sound like much fun does it? I don't think so either, but maybe we should view starting over in a different way. Every day God gives us a chance to start over spiritually. Sufficient to the day is the evil thereof. Now I know that that verse sounds mildly threatning to some people, but to me it is a great message of hope. Yesterdays evil (mistakes to me) is forgiven as long as I ask for it, and today is a bright new day. I could be someone's inspiration today. I could see a miracle today. Anything can happen today! I think that is wonderful.

Now, back to that awful starting over. I haven't controlled myself very well so far. It's so hard. I want to give up all the time. I'll eat something I'm not supposed to and the first thing that comes to my mind is to call myself a failure. I can't even get through one day? That's the most awful thing I have ever heard, I can't even get through one day. I can't even controll myself for twenty-four hours, how am I going to do it for ninety days??

I read a great book yesterday on my kindle. It was only about ten or fifteen pages, but I swear God must have put it right at the front of the kindle list for me. It was a series about the fruits of the spirits and the first one was about the fruit of self control. Man did I need that.  So as I was reading this and this person who wrote it had said something about how we carry around our failures even after we ask for forgiveness, so we keep praying for forgiveness when what we should be praying for is acceptance. God said if we ask for forgiveness it is ours and who are we not to accept His forgiveness?

This person also pointed out that God has already given us all that we need. Well I had to wonder if that was true then why do I keep failing even when I start out with the best of intentions?  Then that wonderful person, whom I have never met gave me the answer.

I am trying to better myself so of course the enemy is attacking. He wants me to give in to every craving my flesh wants. He doesn't want me to succeed and maybe this is happening to you too.
If it is here is a prayer for you from me.

Dear God, Please look down and bless all of us who are struggling to better ourselves in whatever way. We ask your forgiveness for the things we do wrong. God you said ask and ye shall recieve and we claim that right now. we ask for you to lend us some of your awesome willpower and help us achieve the goals we have set so that we might become stronger in you. and Satan you get away from us. We will not be tricked or decieved into giving into the temptations you put in front of us, So in the name of Jesus Christ, GET THEE BEHIND ME!
Amen

As always Love and Prayers
Cayla

No comments:

Post a Comment